Old fashioned hotel with a great location

Cafe in Lisboa, by Veronika Jorjobert

Unlike most teens in high school, I didn't come home from my summer job smelling like hamburger grease or department store hangers. I spent my days stretched out in a chair, slathered in SPF 30, occasionally lifting my polarized sunglasses to double-check the bottom of the pool for drowning children.

Like the saying goes, it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

Of course, there are downsides to anything that pays minimum wage. That hamburger scent was replaced by the lingering smell of chlorine. My blond hair always had a slight green tint to it. And I found myself involuntarily yelling "No running!" at random kids in the mall on my days off.

Trained Hard

I trained hard at 15 to become this "Baywatch" wannabe. The Red Cross certifies lifeguards only after an intensive, 30-plus-hour course on CPR, first aid and rescue skills with both a written and physical final exam.

Comments

  1. Please keep in mind, this is a dummy article that I am having some fun with. There is no point here, so let's not take it too seriously ;) Now, discuss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the saying goes, it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

      Delete

Post a Comment